Sunday 4 January 2009

Fast food..... more like no food!



Tell me what's wrong with this cup - perched precariously on the end of my purse? (for added effect) - the damn thing looks like something you would give to a child, in fact after noseying at the McD's menu it seems a happy meal drink is not only bigger but if I had've went down the "food" route it would've been a lot cheaper too! I mean come on it's not like the E numbers in this drink would be enough to make me hyper and I even went for the diet option! What made me laugh harder was the caption on the cup "Enjoy" - how can I - there's nothing to enjoy....

£1.19 for something that, let's face it, would not moisten my tonsils (if I had any) never mind satisfy my thirst. Even the indignant, snotty nosed, many piercings, unhelpful minion who served me had a chuckle at my shock at being given something only a barbie could be satisfied with. The pound saver menu seems like a good idea in these uncertain times but come on McD's give me a break and at least give me something, other than ice, to swallow! All is said when the straw is over twice the size of the cup!

Perhaps this is another one of those times when I'm realising the saying "back in my day" comes into play but surely I would hope I'm still a bit young to be coining that phrase. The sooner we get out of this recession and McDs portion sizes become more amenable the better!

Next time I think I'll just do me a wee favour and stick with a fairly decent 500ml size bottle of "skinny" coke and put the extra 15p in my piggy bank.

Ba da ba ba ba - not loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment